Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

burnt

Give me sunshine and sun showers, complete rainbows and balmy nights. Let me never be far from the sand of the beach, and don't wake me unless it's to dance in the sunset or sunrise. We'll be in love, see the others occasionally, shrug at politics and live for ourselves. We'll never again know pain or exhaustion or loss. We will burn calenders and break watches, live lives of spontaneity and indulge in simple pleasures.

Oh you who condemn this mindset, desire the same. But, fight the will of it's complacency, it's deceit, and hope your passions aren't swallowed by apathy. As much as I wish, I could never be in control of life. And although my daydreams consist of secluded beaches untouched by corruption& inhabited only by the people I love more... it could never be so. Something will always go wrong. Something will break, most likely a heart. Something will fall, most likely my loves. Something will be lost, most likely my mind. So continues this trend of corruption that appears in everything we humans touch.

Tell me this insanity will end soon! The rocks will be thrown into the well and the water will rise. I hope it meets my lips soon or this dehydration will kill me.

Can't you...just...make it all better?

I walk the tight rope of indecision. I either: keep believing I can walk this- though it pains me so, or take a breather and enjoy the exhilaration of free falling -worry later about landing.

...and all those times i wondered how my friends had left this, i now face the same confrontation. Do i stay or go? If I were to go for a little while, would it be as feasible to assume I could just as easily return? Their expectations ride on me too much, they shouldn't rely on me like this. I know what I have here is real, is honest, is true...i just

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.