Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

They drank and were merry

It's been about a week and a few days now...i think, that i havn't slept in my own bed. i've been making myself comfortable and knocking out in the spare room. For no particular reason other than the bed's bigger and the doona's warmer. Although in rebuttal, i don't take up much of a bed and a single fits me fine, i also overheated last night with the heater and doona working too well together. So, there really isn't a reason for me to take refuge in another room. I think i just wanted an empty space...my room, my lovely clutter is beginning to overwhelm me (i never thought i'd hear myself saying anything of the sort!). I actually wouldnt mind right now, just living in a rather empty house. Because the disorder in my mind is enough right now that my perspective's beginning to change. Clutter isn't all that fantabulous. That said. I'll begin.

It seems the bottle is quite the icebreaker. I watched it dissolve quickly the walls and resolve of the minority. I watched as a few attempted to forget about troubles, as rumour had it: the bottle brought temporary relief. I watched one tempted, and resisted my own shallow temptations. I watched another withdraw a little thanks to the embarrasment she felt concerning her lower alcohol tolerance.
But the place was jolly, jolly off folly. But jolly none the less. It wasn't one of the greatest parties ive been to. I've been to better parties that were more fueled by alcohol, thought i don't know why they were better, perhaps due to my familiarity with the people. I was quite the stranger here. only knowing about a third of the inhabitants of the medium sized house tonight. I made lots of friends, though i doubt any of them would be meaningful-as terribly sounding as it is. Perhaps two: Vanessa and Cheryl. I don't have a point. I wanted to write a story on alcohol. This is a documentary more than anything, im so tired my imagination is given insufficient energy to accrue anything equivalent to a decent story. but i needed to write something.
i have nothing to hide do i?
goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.