Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Friday, October 02, 2009

Faith in its fullness.

This year's ambitions have hardly manifested from spoken into being. The two words I have seem to have trouble understanding are partway lodged in my throat and make swallowing everything else a little uncomfortable since those two themselves haven't been properly digested.

Faith & faithfulness.
Faith: being sure of things hoped for and certain of things unseen.
Faithfulness: sticking with it.

My latest complaint was that my university studies were a hindrence to me (yes, the maturity in that statement is overwhelming). Then, revert I back to memories of cartoon heros of my childhood who saved the world as masked crusaders but who never neglected to do their homework...

I want to be a hero. I really do. I want so much to gallop upon gleaming horse, with cape flapping in the wind to my world in destress. To defend those I love, bandage their wounds, give them souvenier of strength in which to later use in their own defence, etc and so forth.

But it starts with this essay...strangely enough. With the two more essays of pressing urgency following it. It probably doesn't make sense to you, it hardly makes sense to me. But being faithful in the little things means being faithful in the things that mean little to you...like the three 2000word essays to ensure I don't fail university and I do graduate as a teacher and I then go on to rocking the world the way I know I'm supposed to.

The end.

2 comments:

  1. this is so hard, this is so bloody hard.

    half a day later and i'm only 1000 words done with another 5000 remaining - not to mention 4000words to churn out with references i have not even touched.

    ....i don't want to fail. i don't want to resubmit these. i don't want to do them.

    ugh.

    scotch fingers are a comfort - useless but comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gaaahh.. for me its an essay to!! and its stumped me! i guess the topic relates to your post too!

    "the rise of modern atheism was due to rise of modern sci in 16th 17th century blah blah blah..."

    @@
    brain is the hurties.

    ReplyDelete

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.