Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

return of the prodigal

One Republic wrote a song called Prodigal, I think it colours in the outline of my headspace brilliantly. I've been away and disconnected for a little, I can't even categorise, let alone remember in comprehensive sequence what on earth has happened since the last while - I don't even know how long it went for, only that I pray it is over. It wasn't bad, whatever it was, I just don't appreciate the fog of uncertainty and the chaos of not understanding.

Oh, a friend of mine has disappeared to Japan to begin to do the things he dreamed of...he'll be gone indefinitely. He is the strangest character, almost; and one so very rare. He is also the closest thing to loss I know. I have never lost a friend to another country for more than a few months, nor death - thank God. But now, I have a friend, close enough, to now experience missing on a consistent basis. It hasn't even been a week and I crave his company. I spent near to everyday of the last week seeing him, and now have at least another couple of years til reunion.

I also have little to amuse you with, dear reader. I have minimal fruit in which to juice inspiration from, I think this little while will be for me to observe, rather than narrate. But then again, I've said this before.

My friends are changing, my family is changing, as both individuals and as a collective, respectively.
There is no doubt in my mind that I will also.
I say with cringe that my world is about to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.