Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Friday, June 26, 2009

prevent, cure, belong.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

This song is sad. It is beautifully sad, perfectly heartbreaking - resolved by a known incompleteness.


I cannot relate - thank God. But it still makes me sad. I wish to tell you though, that if you didn't loose yourself in the heartbreak of humanity's [sadly frequent] wear&tear, that we'd find somewhere to belong. We will. At least find somewhere, if not create somewhere.

I think... I've just fleshed out the cause I've been irked by because of its blurred identification of, until now.

For a little while lately, I've wanted to do something - to be worth my weight in golden comfort to a devastated and broken world. But I wasn't able to remodel "world peace" into my own words; which I honestly believe you cannot act upon until you've struck the chord in your heart that pains you enough to do/fight/protect accordingly.

So, lets just begin with the rough copy: To build/create/establish a place where the world of misfits (namely, the entire world) could belong, where insecurities could be eradicated by a love, an acceptance, and a scaffold of strengths built upon from learning from peer lovers. Because we are all lovers- we all love. Some: easily, others: exclusively.

Yes, I want to build a house of cure, because usually it is too late to prevent. If generations of resilience are not birthed now - they will never be, since we are as we are taught and imitate examples of those before us. Resilience cannot be out bred - or the world will collapse into suicidal, self-loathing and pity-partying prima donnas.
Smile, love. Smile. It ain't all bad. We'll begin this belonging. You and I...now.

You're exactly what the world needs right now. You and your smile.

"I love you." Thank you, thank you, for reading, for daring to hope, for loving and for being mine. A friend to call mine. Something more than a stranger, and that - that is enough. One could only hope I don't forget the beauty you've introduced to me, in my frequent bouts of self-inflicted depression. I want this to last. I want to be over and done with myself. I want to help you. I want to be a child of resilience.

The beginning. A hope. You.

1 comment:

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.