Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Here's a sobering comment from a distant friend of mine:
"Is the darkness really all that beautiful?"

No, not when you put it like that. I mean, yes there are elements of mystery and a curious infatuation about hiding, about the secrets swallowed by darkness. But there is also a stunning and undoubtedly attractive nature of love in light. Something loudly unashamed and with total disregard for previous insecurities; as if the fears of the past were mercilessly silenced. When the only fears you have are for the ones you are trying to protect, to save, to love, and none concerning your own well being, that's truly noble. That's beauty and that's what I want to be - that sort of beautiful. But maybe later, I heard it's a long and narrow road of many thorns to selflessness (also referred to as: unconditional love). I also heard it's littered with inconvenient searches for courage and forgiveness, not to mention the tiresomely constant communications required to be kept with Superior. I don't have time for that. Maybe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.