Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

sort of like paper cuts...

At least 3 times on an ordinary day, I will experience an anxious frenzy about the location of my phone. On a bad day, this occurs most half hours to an hour or so (...I still manage to forget my phone on occasion however, quite frequently too).

This quick-fix anxiety, whether coincidentally or out of aggressive progression has evolved severely to a fear of misplaced friends.

Lately, I wonder where my friends are. I find myself patting my pockets and talking to the photos on my wall, asking their still-frozen representatives why the real thems aren't here with me. I am comforted tonight by Armani (the shark). I closed his stomach so that white stuffing no longer spews out of him. We are both pleased, and I think he looks much better, even if only by 4 safety pins. He knows the feeling. After all, he has been wondering where I am most of everyday for about two (and a third) months, hoping that I haven't forgotten my promise to fix him. I had, but remembered and finally did good on my word.

Similarly, as with my phone frenzy, I realise soon after that I haven't lost them, my friends. One very vital detail to appreciate is that friends can walk, phone's can't. Therefore, if I am suddenly without my friends, most of the time it ISN'T because I left them in the last shop, but because they chose to walk their way for a little. & that, is totally acceptable. I think I just wish I didn't have to re-realise this most second nights.

I have a solution.
You take the pains, as short or sharp as you may be frequented
and you feed it to your very own Resilience.
Yes, everyone has one.
Watch it grow, watch it grow! (I have much to feed mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.