Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

love ya plenty, Stupid Chump.

Don't go back there, I beg you.
Don't go back. Do not back track the way you fell.

We are not too different. We struggle the same in balancing the nature we know well from the one we know we should. Yesterday I succumbed to temptation, it nearly killed me. Today, I feel colder. It sucks you dry and leaves you barren. This is my fear, for you and I alike: that we become so consumed in our addictions we grind the joys that once strengthened us into a pathetic impossible pulp that we could never piece together again.

When you were stronger you said you'd never turn around.
Don't
close
off
now.

So then, resilience may be in different measures between us.
I do believe you have a little left.
If so...use it.
You make me want to prove to you how much further you can run when you have nothing apparent to run for, when nothing belongs to you, when everything you called "mine" is not whole or worth the mention. (I'm beginning to think you may be my motivation! If everytime I flew close to giving up, remembering you in this pathetic state gives me that little extra, to both fight for you and prove you idiotic)
So scream from the mountain when you've reached the top, or even from the valley to the height you know is rightfully yours. But do not become silent. Do not let your bones deteriorate into something timid, exhausted.

I can't afford for you to add to the number of dying on my watch. I mean it. I can't afford to let you go either, because then my word is rendered invalid. The word I spoke or wrote that I would be your friend, I am your friend, is true. The friend who throws around "I love you" aplenty, with the intention of those special three never loosing their meaning. Actually, in theory, as we grow, as we learn (as slowly as either may be) the definition of love should be greater, therefore the words I let leave my lips should be fuller. Because the longer love holds you, the tougher it's been, the uglier it's experienced, the more beautiful it becomes.

I will be as faithful as I know how... I just don't know how to very well.

MOVE! (I say it with love!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.