Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

It turns out pakenham isn't as far as I expected, but more of "the Sticks" than expected.
On the return drive, I kid you not, somewhere between 94 and 223 bugs hit my windscreen. It took me the first 16 or so to figure out what they were. Something would hit my windscreen, sounding like a rock and in the same nature as one, but lighter thus the lesser impact. It happened all too quickly, and I couldn't see most of it, save the fat, big black ones that flew aggresively towards me, giving me a maximum 1.8second heads up. Strangely enough, this pop would resound every 4-6 seconds for about the 15 minutes it took to drive closer to Melbourne. Another giveaway was that rocks don't usually leave scuff marks...the invisible bugs that died on impact with the navy blue camry did.

Summer's a breath away, the thought leaves me breathless...thus the breath away is a little less achievable in my literal sense.
Warm nights and longer days and swarms of insects soon to come my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.