Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

oh the irony, the voice on the other side of the telephone from the department of human services was impatient and judgemental. I suspect she was coming to the end of a long day... yet the lady from the Knox council was of lovely tone and enthusiastic assistance. So much so, that we both got quite excited. So if you call the knox council or visit it and meet with Jenny, give her my regards! She's wonderful company!

"Hi, wondering if you could help me find any orphanages in melbourne?"
"Well, there are no orphanages in melbourne, there are none in all of australia"
"Oh! Could you tell me why that is"
"I think i've explained this to you just the other day."
"No...this is my first time calling"
"well, children are either given up for adoption or foster homes"
"oh...oke, thanks"
"yes, bye"

So, there we have it. There are no orphanages in Australia, and although its not altogether a bad thing, I'm a little disheartened and all the more curious as to why the word resonates inside me. Lord, where would you have me go?

2 comments:

  1. I've had occasion to explore an abandoned (and access-restricted) orphanage by night a few years ago. It wasn't nearly as spooky as I'd hoped it would be...

    Anyway, I work 5pm-10pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday nights. You're welcome to come hassle me, just give me a call when you turn up at my shop.

    ReplyDelete

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.