Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mr. Wheaton! The most influencial teacher I have had...

Peter John Wheaton: 18/07/1951 - 26/01/2008

There was something beautiful about the memorial service today. I didn't cry(teared a little) , but i'm very very inspired. Mr. Wheaton! You made me feel special, and infact, you made everybody feel like your favourite! you always told me that if grades were given for personality, i'd get much better for methods than i did get. I probably didnt do you justice by the lack of effort I afforded to studying in your classes. But I'm happy where I am now, and I'm going to be a teacher, Mr. Wheaton. Hopefully with as much impact maybe even more than that which you had. You had a great sense of humour, and you cared for your classes, behind the redicules and reprimanding, your care for your class was more evident than what I noticed in any other class I had. Thank you! thank you for living life abundantly, for telling us to complain less, for showing us that regardless of your brain tumour, you weren't going down without a fight! You fought it! And you might even have been amused that when you got really sick towards the end of our year, we very nearly hated on the replacement teacher. because he didnt come close, because you were so much cooler, you gave a damn about us and he had no sense of humour.

wahaha, thank you. because you've reminded me of life, and its delicacy. And how well a good teacher can echo in the lives of influenced students. I long to be one also!

God, teach me to love... to love to teach.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that teaching is hard for the first year, hated for the second, and finally loved by the third. I'm not talking about the degree, either...

    ReplyDelete

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.