Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

todaydreams

Try to focus on the far-away beauties. The graduating beauties that you know not of at first glance. They come into focus, and something about them leave a longer lasting impression.

Today is slow, and I'd wish everyday was slow, except that i wouldn't know what I was asking.

I want to subscribe to days of appreciation. To be aware of all that surrounds, to understand and be grateful. Right now I am surrounded by windows. It's beautiful. How the sun is filtered through the shades, how it falls gently.

So slow, so meaningful. I want to enjoy it everyday.

Take me to a cafe, a patisserie of beautifully carved pastry, made with love, cooked with care. Let the ivory tinkle, and release a voice of jazz. Pluck at an acoustic, let the high-hat be consistent. Even a cello and a trombone, or a viola and a trumpet. Let the sun shimmer through the window, the breeze whisper gently... And it would be heaven if Jesus would sit with me. And sweet if you would join us.

Things of old, things of new, all things good.
love, nikki.

3 comments:

  1. ohla.. i didnt realised ya changed the layout ^^ funky

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahaha, yea. let there be light! i thought it was a little dark...yes, as eventual as it was,i did realise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you, why are you soo.. poetic? :)

    ReplyDelete

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.