Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

All aboard! This train's leaving Comfort Zone!

My life is about to change.

Suddenly saddened, I pack my past of lazy days and ample leisure, as I wade anxiously into a new job. Three days ago I never expected things to happen so fast. Now I half reluctantly preparing myself to be expected to work 4-5 shifts a week on top of uni and ministries, my growing friendships and a relationship with God (perhaps even this dream of mentoring amazing girls). Suddenly I'm biting my lip constantly, with anticipation at how everything will fit and how on earth I'm to learn purposeful and time efficient days from... an ad hock riddled life. Will this put your/my priorities into perspective or throw them off? Will I come out stronger, more mature, more capable...or the contrary?

Oh, let me not forget to thank you for this opportunity, God. I needed this jolt back into urgency and I know that you give peace so I need not worry about deteriorating into a nervous wreck. But this is change, and a costly change at that, the type that costs your/my most precious resource, time. Change is daunting but change is needed. Just please, don't let me neglect everything you've taught me. Let me be the one doing the influencing those around me, even if the odds are 10 to 1. Let me be the light here. Let us go together.

Thank you that Blake, Kim and Helen are so easy to get along with. Thank you that John is considerate and the chef's are kind. God, unto you. Unto you.

Hello Groove Train. Hello.
As long as I'm there, you'll get to know my God.

1 comment:

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.