Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Monday, February 09, 2009

5 days away from the awkward day.

It amuses me much, that we should uplift the celebration of St. Valentine, who according to wikipedia, "upon rejection by his mistress was so heartbroken that he took a knife to his chest and sent her his still-beating heart as a token of his undying love for her. "

So whilst my friends exchange lovenotes and find dates for the ridiculous day, I hope I receive none. Perhaps because I am a critic, or a cynic or both, or perhaps still, sore. But I will most likely spend the day with a selection of my finest friends, laughing at the extraordinary prices of the flower market and entertaining gimmicks. Most likely finish the day with a sigh, and without complication (one could hope).

So to my dears without a valentine on arm, how much harm can one sickly sweet day render our cleared heads? And to all with a valentine, cheers to you and happy spending!

2 comments:

  1. heyz!

    so agree with that..

    bleh that day is overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it'll keep the economy ticking!

    ReplyDelete

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.