Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

"This shouldn't have happened." I murmured
"No, your right, it shouldn't have...but it did. So what are you going to do about it?" Wisdom seemed strangely calm, strangely rational.
I scowled at the dirt I had scuffed with the heel of my restless foot; preferring to keep eye contact at a low since my bitterness was beginning to surface.
"This shouldn't have happened." I repeated, as if to justify my resistance to responsibility in the matter. I had some serious reconsiderations to reconsider. I'd never been tested to this extent- to have the process of forgiveness, one I've struggled with, ever, until now. Sad to say I struggled with it tonight but finally breathed I forgive you into the night, incidentally freeing myself.
"I know this isn't easy..."
I began to wonder if Wisdom had a heart. How was she unfazed by these recent events? No, the wound was not a direct infliction, it needed not be. The damage was done, the team, scattered.
"How can one simple leak manage to permeate every commitment I hold?"
"This was no minor part of your life." Wisdom was understanding.
"But, it was not my life support either...I think"
"Well, that established, stop willing defeat come swiftly!"
I smirked, only once or thrice!
"Quick, we have little time to keep our lead."
"You call this a lead?" I had been caught up on by skepticism.
"Sturdy up your heart, dear. The road is long ahead. Here," She threw me her well worn water flask, "you need to keep hydrated."
I accepted, she seemed to know exactly what to say and how to act at every occasion, unexpected as they arose. The pack was heavy, I wanted not to carry it with me again. I felt complaints extend from my lower back to my lips.
"Let's go back to the group, we need to keep moving. Hasten! Sure you've been hurt, but do not overlook your own shortcomings! In many occasions you failed to move yourself from the line of fire!"
I rolled my eyes.
We entered the clearing, and I was met with appreciative expressions. I was again reminded of the much relief my detached team had brought me. We cannot afford to loose anymore. We cannot afford to loose anyone else. Desperation seemed to boost a little more fight within me.

Blame and bitterness had melted, enough time dwelt on the problem. We needed to trek quickly towards our solution, our base. Our mission had been placed on hold in order to recoup. Patriotism awoke aptly in me, and would hopefully stay awake for a greater duration this time. Apprehension was shuffled to the back, pushed mercilessly by a sense of remembered purpose.
"Efficiency, love." Nodded Wisdom as we both breathed deep and blinked long. It just so happened love was the most efficient source and method we had to progress further, faster.
Smiles, oblivious to our unfamiliar dirt road, were exchanged as we saddled ourselves with packs of reacquainted expectation.

Hello Journey.

2 comments:

  1. You don't know me, but while searching for a quote thru Google, I stumbled upon your blog.

    You're writing is an inspiration to me. The Lord has truly bestowed on you a gift and with this gift, you will minister to the nations. I read a few entries and it's like you are writing exactly how I'm feeling. Though you were unaware-- thank you so much for this. It's nice to know that I'm not alone in how I feel sometimes in regards to my own relationship with God and with the people around me.

    I pray you have a blessed day. Keep the faith! Keep that fire burning!

    Karlyn, USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karlyn, you're beautiful. Its an answer to my heartbreak, perhaps God can still use me :)

    Steady on!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.