Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

part restlessness

the world, it calls me
...away from here.

Over oceans and time barriers, into strange lands, fascinating cultures and captivating peoples.
This desire to travel has only gotten stronger. It's quite the change of heart since this time last year. When my patriotism to Australia swore me faithful to one country only, stating i "could never really live" outside such a rich desert! (wahaha, spare me the irony)

But now, I receive my regular notices from travel agencies, teasing me with holographic tickets to everwhere but here. "Home". I don't know what home is anymore. Apparently it is where my heart is. Hmm, this here is home only because my heart is with the church and my friends. It's no wonder then, that I would easily be away from here if both ceased to exist.

So I drool in daydreams of island hopping and tropical jungles, overbearing sea storms, floods and humid mucks. Of rebuilding houses and helping to establish "better lives" for people in need. To live with less creature comforts and be a little more "free" from manufactured and artificial and commercial and superficial. Not that that is my primary pull to travel. I can't say i know what it is. I don't know why I want so much to travel now. Why now? Why do i want to?

I just do.

So yes, the only weights keeping me from flying are my responsibilities to the church, and my funds. I have little but sufficient amounts of both to keep me grounded and well sustained here; with just enough curiosity about this world map it's inhabitants to sustain also my new craving to travel.

I don't know what I'm looking for...
but my daydreams and hopes now cross borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.