Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

They were all shouting over me, like a current of powerful influence. Wisely (I believe) I avoided any occasion to struggle with them, so I calmly swam beneath or over the obvious pulls. Surfacing for the all-important oxygen, failing not to fill my lungs with air before lowering myself to the lull of the beautiful and potentially deadly ocean of opportunity. It calls me and excites me, yet I am still learning of what is friendly and what is fatal. What is and isn't within my arm of influence. But I cannot live like them. I need to resurface on a regular basis, for the neccessity that is life! The hope that gives me strength and the ability to pump my blood through it's courses and keep my heart beating...keep my heart beating...keep my heart beating. To keep my mind free and clear in thought. The truth is that I need to remember to keep my strength in this unexpected world to be able to save those living in it; and that to forget to resurface for the energy and life that is the living breath and word of God in me, is to become like them in need of being saved.

2 comments:

  1. the last sentence lost me XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, it was a little long winded hey?

    take out the "for the energy and life that is the living breath and word of God in me".

    it'd probably work then.

    ReplyDelete

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.