Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

She sat slightly forward, oblivious to the train's usual crowd of strangers, engrossed in her picture studded comic: "Young Avengers" (The? Young Avengers or just young avengers?). So i smiled, as you do in tinged jealousy upon viewing another content within their exclusive bubble of simple pleasures. I want my simple pleasures back!

So at work the other day (yesterday) I googled writing competitions, with my ambitious hopes high for winning a significant cash prize. Poems and short stories.....my oh my it's been so long. I browsed through the previous year's winning poems for one of the competitions in america (foreign entries free!) and was in total stupor. Why? Because clearly the winner's were a class and a billion beyond the occasion, and so it seemed, was their writing style and use of words. I understood NONE of it. It made NO sense at all to me, and i wondered what the definition of "poem" was. I don't think it was grammatically correct half the time and humoured not the love-of-rhyme within me. Thus, my giggle and potential of being the first foreign entry to win some stunning $10,000 dollars (or some stupid amount like that...american dollars i might add) for a few verses of words cleverly strung together! No worries there, it all follows suit, it's just an idea that can fill the grooves God fashioned in me.
...
WAHAHAHAHAHA! mercy mercy! God would have had every part to play if by the slightest chance i even got an honourable mention!
**whispers heavenward: I wouldn't complain with an honourable mention...
eh heh heh!

2 comments:

  1. poems are neat.
    ^-^

    young adventures..hmmm.. i think i've browsed that ..hehehee

    YAY COMICS! and all those glorious graphics hehehhe..

    [hmm..xmen evo..ahh.. i dont know where ta get them on dvd or tape.. but i have a few on cd hehehhee ^^]

    ReplyDelete

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.