Life ain't gonna get any better. You are.

Monday, November 20, 2006

I bring Those Whom I Love

I bring those whom I love to You,
commit each to
Your loving care:
then carry them away again
nor leave them there:
forgetting You
Who lived to die
(and rose again!)
care more than I.

So back I come
with my heart's load,
confessing
my lack of faith
in You alone,
addressing
all I cannot understand
to You
Who do.

You know each heart,
each hidden wound,
each scar,
each one who played a part
in making those we bring to You
the ones they are
(and dearer each to You
than us, by far),

So-
now I give them
to Your loving care,
with thankful heart,
-and leave them there.

(Ruth Bell Graham)

1 comment:

  1. I love your sofa. I'm so impressed! Really! I had my doubts when you showed me that bunch of stuff you wanted to do, but dude, you proved me so wrong! That really is one hell of a nice sofa.

    ReplyDelete

Old news

My photo
Lover of ink and all else misc.